The Omnitude Story
Omnitude has grown from an idea to a living, breathing blockchain pioneer in the blink of an eye. We are a team, we never forget that, non-conformists that refuse to sing the same song as everyone else.
Omnitude is able to act as the platform for real-world adoption of this technology that is widely considered the fourth industrial revolution. Our flexible abstracted system architecture is ideally placed to integrate into existing legacy data systems whilst being flexible enough to accommodate new emergent technologies within the Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things and Machine Learning space.
We are a conduit for future-focused businesses to gain competitive advantage through technology. We act as consultants, solution providers, and platform enablers.
Who are you?
If you are an experienced Systems Engineer looking for a challenging role building, supporting and maintaining systems in a demanding environment of enterprise blockchain platforms and applications, we have your dream job. The position is remote and available to anyone self-driven, and with the passion, experience, and capacity to contribute to our vision.
- Building, supporting and maintaining systems for a middleware blockchain platform and a growing portfolio of multi-enterprise blockchain applications.
- Working closely with architects, developers, and testers.
- Reporting directly to the System Architect.
- Build, maintain, upgrade and support cloud-based servers, networks, storage spaces, microservices, databases, etc.
- Plan, manage and action system/application/patch deployments and develop/implement deployment scripts and tools.
- Contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies of the engineering department.
- Assisting with delivering high-quality and robust systems to a huge client base.
- Leverage monitoring and alerting tools.
- Assisting development and support teams in issue diagnosis.
- Participate in and contribute to the SysOps/DevOps processes, etc.
- Effectively operate in a demanding environment of new technologies and application concepts with minimal supervision.
- 5+ years of experience in complete SDLC with a good understanding and experience in Database, Cloud, Middleware integration and SysOps/DevOps environment.
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline.
- Extensive system experience using Linux, preferably at an enterprise level.
- Technical expertise and hands-on experience in delivering large scale commercial enterprise software systems or large-scale online services.
- Strong ability to accomplish projects as per deadlines and working with teams in different time zones.
- Ability to translate system requirements into stable, robust, fault-tolerant, scalable and high-performance systems.
- Ability to document programs/scripts, team procedures, how to use new tools, etc.
- Follow strict team/business practices and procedures.
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL (and related technologies)
- Excellent understanding of git, migrations, and related tools.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to be able to work closely with customers and team members at varying levels.
- Ability to work as a team leader as well as a team member and take accountability.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural, multi-generation team and understand the dynamics well.
Preferred Additional Experience
- Experience in Identity Management, Public Sector Healthcare or Logistics.
- Hyperledger, DLT, Stellar, Crypto, self-sovereign identity management.
What we offer
- A market-related salary – in line with experience.
- Benefits including Pension, Private medical insurance, Life insurance, Subsidised parking and Gym membership, to name a few.
- An opportunity to work in a pioneering business at the bleeding edge of technology, challenging to disrupt the Status Quo and carve out a reputation for brilliance.
- Fabulous team and positive work environment.
- Recognition for everyone.
Click the big apply now button (obviously) and fill in the form. But don’t forget…
Send your CV (PDF) together with a single page intro letter (PDF) which must include at least the following:
- One paragraph describing yourself as a person (be original, not your work experience)
- A paragraph describing why you think you can add value to our business.
- A summary of your relevant experience plus salary expectations.
(remember not to exceed one page in total)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other protected status. Are you still reading this? Well at least it shows your thorough, now get on and apply, we’re looking forward to meeting you.
No agencies, please.