UPDATED on 29th January 2018
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, location, phone number, date of birth and any other information you choose to provide.
Information from Your Device
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the advertising identifier assigned to your mobile device, hardware model, operating system and version, and mobile network information.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including to administer contests and promotions and to connect crypto asset companies with users who may be interested in investing with them. To do this, we use your personal information to communicate with you about our Services and the products and services of other companies. We also use your information as follows:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and other information;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Omnitude and others;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalise and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests; and
Disclosure or Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Omnitude or others;
- If a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorises us to disclose your personal information;
- Between and among Omnitude and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which allows you to share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Omnitude takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Omnitude takes reasonable steps to ensure that any personal information in our custody is accurate and up-to-date for the purposes for which the personal information is to be used by Omnitude. In most instances, we rely on users to notify of any changes to their personal information. You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by emailing us at [email protected] If you wish to delete your details, please email us at [email protected], but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from Omnitude by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you consent to any future mobile application’s collection of location information, you can subsequently stop our collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.